ReWrite the World Blog Challenge Day 10
I imagine a world in which Human beings treat eachother with respect
- Compassion is common.
- Incarceration is abolished as an archaic and ineffective practice.
- Restorative justice is regular practice.
- The need for police is drastically reduced.
- Non-violent communication techniques are taught in schools.
Conflict resolution tools are commonly used to resolves disputes promptly and effectively.
- Families deal with issues to avoid the risk of weakening social bonds.
- Neighbours know and trust each other.
Today, the daily news is filled with stories that represent deep disrespect for eachother. Conflict is the central core that our world seems to revolve around. Our dispute resolution skills are atrocious. People avoid conflict, and when it escalates, litigation, manipulation and violence are common practice. Families torn apart, siblings and parents don’t speak for years, children learning what not to talk about. We learn to live with being heartbroken, feeling betrayed, slighted, misunderstood. We learn disrespect.
If human beings treated eachother with respect, then…
- We might stop using the justice system to resolve disputes.
- We might have funds previously allocated to defence and the justice system, made available to otherwise underfunded areas such as healthcare and education.
- We might experience a greater sense of connection, compassion and have more capacity to live deeply fulfilling lives.
- Social cohesion might be realised at levels previously unimagined.
Can you imagine?